• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Recent content by Harlard

1. Harlard

The Unofficial IPD 2024 Thread - 5/18/2024 [ESTIMATED] Portland, OR

The thing is over at 3 and most people will clear out an hour before that, unfortunately. Quin and I will be doing…something.
  2. Harlard

I’ll try. Might be getting sick. The whole weekend is up in the air at this point.
  3. Harlard

The Buchka 242 Fake Racecar

I want one of those bad enough to willingly pay actual money to rent the tooling and deal with the logistics of getting it to my garage and back to your shop (slightly less unrealistic than begging to buy one…probably). Looks fantastic.
  4. Harlard

1980 242 GT. A reasonable project.

It’s not too late to book a flight!!!
  5. Harlard

1980 242 GT. A reasonable project.

So are you taking the next couple weeks off from work to thrash on this thing and drive it cross country?
  6. Harlard

Andersson Steel & Speed Motor Mounts

It’s so weird. The ASS were far harsher in my experience.
  7. Harlard

If nothing else, a stock flat flywheel is a few lbs heavier than the yoshi unit in my car (19 lbs). At this point I think that a dogdish would shift the resonant vibration frequency below idle speed.
  8. Harlard

ASS makes them with two different durometer rubbers now. Also they are fine as long as the setup isn’t a B230 with a T5 and a lightish flywheel.
  9. Harlard

(Not*) Mediocre 242

Did your car use those ASS mounts back when I rode in it?
  10. Harlard

People are expensive to run I guess. Seriously.
  11. Harlard

Who the hell reschedules a pee wee soccer league tourney with only a month’s notice? By busy parent standards, that’s a big shitbag move on their part. Also, yeah probably don’t miss it.
  12. Harlard

Eric Olsson's 242

Judging by said timeline, this will likely coincide with the heat death of the known universe.
  13. Harlard

New phone, who dis? (alternatively, 5 cylinder turbo awd content)

Ah the joys of working with people a standard deviation below the median G measure for intelligence, who, coincidentally assume that their consumer base is ignorant and too lazy and/or stupid to clue themselves in. At least you can have some fun running circles around them, right?
  14. Harlard

Boost in second gear

Use some punctuation. Your writing is damn-near impossible to understand.
  15. Harlard

Fixing Sound System in Volvo 240

You will gain a lot by sealing the inside of the door cavity to help it function as a baffle. I’m limited by my door cards to use an extremely low profile 4” driver. Doing a thorough job with sealing made a night and day difference in terms of sound quality.
Back